The network meets at least once a year in a nominated further or higher education institution in Ireland. If there are specific topics or issues you would like us to address please contact us.
- The opening of the new Mathcentre in the North West Regional College in Derry in October.
- Oireachtas presentation of the IMLSN report ?Student Evaluation of Mathematics Learning Support: insights from a large multi-institutional survey? was presented by the authors?in October.
- A workshop on the use of social media was held in August 2015 in Maynooth University.
- The 9th annual workshop of the IMLSN was held in May 2015 in UCD.
- The official launch of the IMLSN report on Student Evaluation of Mathematics Learning Support took place in DCU on Friday the 21st of November at 3pm.
- The 8th annual workshop of the IMLSN took place in January 2014. It was hosted by Institute of Technology Tallaght and Dublin Institute of Technology.
- Tutor training materials will be developed by the IMLSN, further details to follow soon.
The 7th annual workshop of the IMLSN took place in Queen?s University Belfast, on the 7th of December 2012.
The 6th annual workshop of the IMLSN took place in UCD on December the 16th 2011. The theme was ?Not Reinventing the Wheel ? Research and Collaboration between Institutions?.
The 5th Irish Workshop on Maths Learning and Support Centres ?How much should we provide ? and when?? was hosted by NUIG and organised by Maura Clancy and Kevin Jennings.
The workshop was originally scheduled for December 2010 but was rescheduled to February 2011 due to weather conditions.
- The 4th Irish Workshop on Maths Learning and Support Centres ?The Use of Technology in Mathematics Support.? was hosted by DCU and organised by Eabhnat N? Floinn. The workshop was held on the 4th of December 2009.
- A ?Workshop on Survey Creation and Analysis? was hosted in UL by Olivia Gill in June 2009. The morning session was devoted to the design of surveys/questionnaires and was conducted by Dr. Jean Saunders from the Statistics Consultancy Unit in UL. The afternoon session consisted of two sessions:
- ?Introducing the use of RASCH analysis? by Dr. Ann O?Shea, Dr. Sinead Breen, and Dr. Joan Cleary from NUIM, SPCD and IT Tralee respectively.
- ?The NVIVO analysis system? by Dr. Terry Maguire from IT Tallaght.
Related events prior to 2009.
In December 2008, NUI Maynooth hosted the 3rd Irish Workshop on Maths Learning and Support Centre. The event was organised by Ciar?n Mac and Bhaird and Ann O?Shea.
The conference theme was ?Is Mathematics Support Worthwhile?? We focused on ways of measuring the impact of Mathematics support and ways of improving the effectiveness of initiatives.
In December 2007, UL hosted the 2nd Irish Workshop on Maths Learning and Support Centres. The event was organised by Olivia Gill. In December 2006, DIT hosted the inaugural Irish Workshop on Maths Learning and Support Centres. The event was organised by Eabhnat N? Fhloinn.